US 31 speed limit in Carmel raised to 55 mph
As of Aug. 29, the final speed limit of 55 mph is in place along the US 31 freeway in Carmel. Motorists must follow posted speed limit signage, including instances of temporary speed limit reductions.
Truck ban reinstated on Keystone Pkwy in April 2016
Heavy semi-trucks are no longer allowed on Keystone Parkway as a result of the substantial completion of the US 31 project. During major construction, trucks were temporarily permitted on Keystone Parkway.
The prohibition covers trucks with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating or a Combined Gross Vehicle Weight Rating of 19,501 pounds or more. Exceptions are made for trucks delivering or picking up goods or performing services at local businesses; and for government-owned vehicles. Violations of this ordinance may result in a fine of up to $500.
Meridian Street traffic shifted between 96th and 106th streets
On April 13, crews shifted all traffic on Meridian Street between 96th and 106th streets to the west side of the roadway. For approximately two months, contractors will work to build new northbound travel lanes and paint the US 31/I-465 bridges. See the map below for details.
- Access remains available to/from I-465
- Two lanes are maintained on northbound and southbound US 31 (Meridian Street)
- Access to 106th Street remains available
Click the illustration below for an enlarged view.
Anticipated completion of US 31/I-465, 106th Street and 116th Street
All remaining road work for The New US 31 Hamilton County project is expected to be complete by the end of July. This work includes:
- US 31/I-465 interchange
- 106th Street at US 31
- 116th Street at US 31
- Final US 31 surface pavement between I-465 and Old Meridian Street
- Additional work as needed, such as final signage, striping and landscaping
Access in Carmel
East/west access over US 31 is now available at 111th Street and 126th Street/Carmel Drive. Direct access to/from US 31 in Carmel remains available via:
- 106th Street
- 116th Street
- Old Meridian Street (northbound off-ramp access)
- 131st/Main Street
- 136th Street
For more information
Please click one of the following for more information about permanent configurations in the following areas:
- I-465 Construction
- 106th Street Construction
- 111th Street Construction
- 116th Street Construction
- 126th Street/Carmel Drive Construction
- 131st Street/Main Street Construction
- 136th Street Construction
- 146th Street Construction