SCHEDULE UPDATE: US 31 to close between Old Meridian and 136th streets on or after April 4, 2014. Please see US31Closure.com for more detailed information about the upcoming closure and detours.
Construction began in 2011 and the corridor is expected to open to traffic at the end of 2015. Currently, construction is underway on the US 31 from 146th Street to south of 169th Street. Click here for current construction/closure updates.
The corridor is divided into sections to be constructed based on:
- Mobility through the corridor
- Impacts to local municipalities and emergency responders
- Size of construction contracts
- Cross flow for east-west traffic
- Annual dollars allocated to the project